Definitions of library on the Web:
- a room where books are kept; “they had brandy in the library”
- a collection of literary documents or records kept for reference or borrowing
- a depository built to contain books and other materials for reading and study
- (computing) a collection of standard programs and subroutines that are stored and available for immediate use
- a building that houses a collection of books and other materials
- Library was a literary magazine founded in the United States in 1900.
- In molecular biology, a library is a collection of DNA fragments that is stored and propagated in a population of micro-organisms through the process of molecular cloning. …
- Library is a light rail station in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is situated near Salt Lake City Public Library.
- Library is a station on the Port Authority of Allegheny County’s light rail network, located in South Park, Pennsylvania. It is the southern terminus of the Library branch.
- “The Library” is the third segment of the twenty-second episode of the first season (1985-1986) of the American television series The Twilight Zone.
- Library-State/Van Buren (commonly simply Library) is a handicapped accessible ‘L’ station serving the CTA’s Brown, Orange, Pink, and Purple Lines. It is so named because it allows direct access to the second floor of the Harold Washington Library building. …
- In electronic design, library often refers to a collection of cells, macros or functional units that perform common operations and are used to …
- In computer science, a library is a collection of subroutines or classes used to develop software. Libraries contain code and data that provide services to independent programs. This allows the sharing and changing of code and data in a modular fashion. …
- Halos are fictional megastructures and superweapons in the Halo video game series. They are referred to as “Installations” by their AI monitors, and are collectively referred to as “the Array” by the installations’ creators, the Forerunners. …
- A library is a collection of sources, resources, and services, and the structure in which it is housed: it is organized for use and maintained by …
Definitions of virtual library on the Web:
- The World Wide Web Virtual Library was the first index of content on the World Wide Web and still operates as a directory of e-texts and information sources on the web. It was started by Tim Berners-Lee, the creator of HTML and the Web itself, in 1991 at CERN in Geneva. …
- A digital library is a library in which collections are stored in digital formats (as opposed to print, microform, or other media) and accessible …
- access to electronic information in a variety of remote locations through a local online catalogue or other gateway, such as the internet
- A library which exists solely in electronic form or on paper. The building blocks required for such a library may not exist, and the chemical steps for such a library may not have been tested. These libraries are used in the design and evaluation of possible libraries.
- A directory that contains collections of resources that librarians or other information specialists have carefully chosen and organized in a logical way.
- Information resources or information services that are available over the Internet. At BMCC, the Virtual Library site provides access to a large number of library resources (indexes, journals, and reference materials, for example) and online reference service via the campus computer network. …
- Utililized in Neurogen’s AIDD Program, the virtual library consists of all the molecules for which the ingredients, or starting materials, are on hand and for which the routes of synthesis are known. …
- A search aid that combines Internet technology with traditional library methods of cataloguing and assessing data.
- A collection of machine-readable documents made available through an Internet site.
- A computer representation of a collection of chemical compounds.